It’s a Beautiful Day in the Hipster Neighborhood
Forbes posted a list of “America’s Hippest Hipster Neighborhoods,” which included places like Downtown Portland, Maine, the Warehouse District in New Orleans, and a neighborhood not too far from our office; Allston-Brighton in Boston.
What all these neighborhoods have in common is an abundance of live music, coffee bars, galleries, boutiques and some of the best microbrews around. Even if you don’t consider yourself part of this “hipster” crowd, these neighborhoods are still a great place to hang out on the weekends. But, they can be pretty busy.
So how can you avoid the crowds and still enjoy the best these neighborhoods have to offer? Consider texting the places you plan to visit to make your plans ahead of time.
Use TalkTo to text for reservations and appointments, to find gifts and products you’re looking for, and to make sure the places you want to visit are open when you want them to be.
Here are some ideas to make your planning easier:
- Text for a cab: Pick up at 9 a.m. please!
- Text the local bar: Who’s playing tonight? Do you have the fall microbrew on tap?
- Text the florist: Can you make up a special bouquet? I’ll be there at noon.
- Text the art gallery: What artist are you showing this weekend?
- Text the local shop: Do you sell handmade linens?
You could ask all these questions without making a single call, and you’d have answers a few minutes later. Ditch the phone calls, and enjoy the neighborhood!