Talking To Strangers
"If you don’t like the news, go out and make some of your own." - Wes NiskerWe’ve spent time recently talking to the press, and have received some wonderful recognition as a result. We’re proud to be named one of Mashable’s 25 Standout Apps of 2012. Media attention like this helps us spread our message that TalkTo can make your life easier by allowing you to text any business in the U.S.
We’re looking forward to a bright and shiny new year with more news, more new TalkTo users, and more buzz. Here’s some of our favorite recent coverage:
Mashable, "25 Standout Apps from 2012": December 3, 2012
- "TalkTo allows you to text businesses and get a direct reply from the location nearest you, without the fuss and discomfort of making a call. Don’t get stuck waiting on hold; just shoot off a text while you’re eating dinner, studying, getting a haircut or whatever. Suddenly, businesses are easier to… TalkTo."
LifeHacker, "TalkTo Lets You Text Message Businesses So You Don’t Have to Call Them": November 13, 2012
- "TalkTo works in the background to find the best way to contact the business with your message, delivering it by chat, SMS, email, or by phone if necessary. Then it sends you a text response. In this way, it kind of acts like a virtual assistant."
Momprenuer Mogul, "Get more things done by texting and say goodbye to phone calls with TalkTo": November 14, 2012
- "The possibilities are endless regarding the multitude of ways that TalkTo can simply your life and help you get in touch with the businesses and products that you love most."
Reuters, "Forget phoning a business, new app sends a text instead": November 19, 2012
- "Texting a business is similar to texting a friend. Users simply start typing the business name and then select it from a directory that includes tens of millions of businesses."
TechCrunch, “Disrupt Finalist TalkTo Brings Its SMS-Based Communication Platform To The Web”: November 13, 2012
- "The first time you get a text response after typing a question into a search result, you’ll understand the power of the platform."
Free Times: "APP OF THE MONTH: TALKTO": December 3, 2012
- "Search for a business, type your message, and a few minutes later you’ll get back a response. Magic. That’s it. Get answers, don’t waste time on the phone, get on with your life (this should be their slogan)."